Show off your casual and free-flowing nature by adopting the bohemian style of dressing. This long-standing fashion trend has always been a way to show that you are part of the counterculture and keep an open mind. There’s no better way to overhaul your closet than by dipping into the inventory of Johnny Was. Their bohemian look has established the brand as one of the leaders in the BoHo chic movement. Their style and commitment to sustainability is why Paloma Clothing is proud to have their clothes in store.
Defining the Bohemian Style
The bohemian fashion trend dates all the way back to the late 1700s as a way for poor artists to express themselves creatively. Throughout the years, the characteristics of bohemian clothing have settled in a bit to create a fluid definition that can blend elements with other styles easily. The main hallmarks include:
- Colorful tones: There are a lot of jewel tones in bohemian clothing, including both warm and cold colors. Turquoise, blues and purples are often heavily featured, including different shades of each color in one piece of clothing.
- Loose silhouettes: Bohemian clothing is usually flowing, with relaxed fits and loose sleeves that allow for freedom of movement and accentuate your whimsical personality.
- Eclectic patterns: People wearing bohemian clothing aren’t afraid to go against traditional fashion rules and mix bold patterns together to create an interesting mosaic. Popular patterns in this genre of clothing include paisley, lattice, ikat, and floral.
- Embroideries: Many times these patterns are embroidered onto the fabric of the clothing, bringing items to life by giving them depth and texture.
- Unique accessories: Accessories are a great way to show off your sense of taste. Bags with tooled leather, large turquoise jewelry, and beaded necklaces are staples of the bohemian look.
About Johnny Was
The aesthetic of Johnny Was pays tribute to this bohemian spirit with an emphasis on the Californian hippie movement that embraced the style in the 1960s. For over 25 years, the company has impressed the world with their blend of vintage and modern styles that often feature intricate and beautiful embroidery. Their luxurious looks are accessible to a broad range of people, who can enjoy the flattering silhouettes and hand-stitched details. The company is also committed to sustainability, developing the Calmé Sustainability clothing line that utilizes locally-sourced textiles such as hemp and organic cotton that reduces their economic footprint.
The Johnny Was collection boasts a variety of tops that can fit any occasion, comfortable and relaxed shirts featuring colorful and interesting embroidery to hoodies and jackets with unique designs. For a vintage look, try one of their dresses that are perfect for a hot summer day.
Find Your Style
Johnny Was has a vision of providing high-quality and sustainable clothing with a bohemian and chic look. At Paloma Clothing, we mirror that vision as we strive to share this spirit of freedom and open-mindedness through the clothing that we offer. Johnny Was is just one of the several top brands of eco-friendly clothing that we have in stock. Shop our collection of jewelry and accessories to find the perfect detail to complete your outfit. If you want to learn more about what we have, visit our online store at shoppalomaclothing.com or contact us in our Portland location – we will be happy to help!