From the beach to the mountains to vibrant city life, there’s so much to do and see in California. Home to Los Angeles, one of the biggest fashion and entertainment hubs in the world, and a host of other fantastic destinations, it’s wise to pack your suitcase accordingly. Paloma Clothing is a locally owned women’s fashion boutique in Portland, Oregon. Here, we provide some advice about packing for a road trip in The Golden State, as well as garments and accessories we carry that you could include in your lineup.
Athletic and Swimwear
The first items on your road trip packing list should include adventure-friendly clothing, like athletic and swimwear. In California, opportunities for beaching, swimming, hiking, rollerblading, and many other activities abound. Be prepared with essentials that can get dirty, wet, or sweaty, such as:
- Athletic tank tops or T-shirts
- Beach/pool towels
- Hiking gear
- Light waterproof windbreaker
- Socks, sneakers, hiking boots, water shoes
- Sports bras/underwear
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Swimsuit and cover-up
Paloma Clothing offers lightweight cotton and linens that could perfectly fit the bill, keeping you comfortable and looking great all at the same time.
Tops and Bottoms for Every Occasion
You never know what will await you in California! As the entertainment capital of the United States, possible attractions and events include:
- Comedy performances
- Professional sporting events
- Movie premiers
- Live plays and shows
- Festivals and carnivals
- Waterfront events
- Lunch and dinner boat cruises
It pays to be prepared with our selection of eco-friendly clothing. Find tops and bottoms that make for incredibly chic, selfie-worthy outfits, from blouses, jackets, sweaters and dresses to skirts, shorts, and pants. Remember to always take along a sweater – those California nights can get chilly during certain times of the year!
Jewelry and Accessories
Put your own twist on any outfit by matching it with jewelry and accessories from Paloma Clothing. Our selection includes:
Complete Your Packing List for a Road Trip to CA
No matter where your California road trip takes you, Paloma Clothing is here to help you look and feel your best. Our selection of fashion-forward, environmentally conscious brands includes:
- APNY: With well-known, established green initiatives, this brand only uses ethical and sustainable practices when creating clothing. In other words, our shoppers can look and feel great while supporting environmental efforts.
- Aventura: The majority of products utilize lower-impact or sustainable materials, as well as support organic agriculture. Garments are made from natural fibers like renewable wood pulp, recycled cotton, recycled polyester, rayon made from bamboo, and organic cotton.
- Cut Loose: Find something for virtually any occasion. All pieces are made with non-toxic dyes, and the brand is committed to eco-friendly operations like repurposing fabrics, recycled packaging for shipping, and neutralizing wastewater.
- Fat Hat Clothing Company: This brand is all about embracing your body and being comfortable in your own skin, and this mission is reflected in the clothing. You can find pieces for everything from a romantic date night to casual time at your vacation rental.
- Habitat Clothes to Live In: From capris to sweaters and everything in between, find sophisticated designs inspired by modern women. This brand produces clothing in small batches, so there is something truly unique on our racks whenever customers enter our store.
- Johnny Was: This brand is a popular go-to for vintage looks and boho chic vibes. Johnny Was also produces socially responsible clothing, meeting needs for a wide range of occasions.
- Nic & Zoe: This brand celebrates each woman’s uniqueness, offering sizes from petite to plus. Its quality clothing is comprised of strong yet comfortable fabrics, which are woven with intricate techniques.
To learn more about what to pack for a road trip in California, contact us today, or visit us in person at 6316 Capitol Hwy (Hillside Shopping Center) in Portland, OR.